Let us break it down for you!
Expertise and Hitting!
GONE. That’s right, they have removed these two stats. No more getting Hit and Expertise capped in order to be more effective.
All players get a 100% chance to it, 0% chance to be dodged now. But you get a 3% chance of being parried and 0% chance to glance when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included in this mess.)
- Tank specializations receive an additional -3% chance to be parried, so tank attacks have a 0% chance vs creatures up to 3 levels higher.
- Creatures 4+ levels higher still have a chance to avoid our attacks in various ways. (I suppose they could always line dance to avoid them?) They have done this to discourage anyone from deliberately trying to take on really powerful mobs.
- Dual wielding will still impose a 17% chance to miss. (Whoa… a wiffer!)
Now for the class breakdown affected by this change. (Are you ready for this?)
- Death Knight:
- Veteran of the Third War – now grands a -3% chance to be parried.
- Balance of Power – GONE
- Nature’s Focus – chance to hit with Moonfire and Wrath has been removed from this ability
- Thick Hide – grants -3% chance for attacks to be parried
- Stance of the Wise Serpent – Hit and Expertise increase from this ability is GONE.
- Stance of the Sturdy Ox – grants a -3% chance for attacks to be parried.
- Divine Fury – GONE
- Spiritual Precision – GONE
- Holy Insight – Hit chance with spells has been removed from this ability
- Sanctuary – grants -3% chance for attacks to be parried
- Shaman – GONE! (Just kidding)
- Elemental Precision – Precisely cut out of the game.
- Spiritual Insight – No longer grants hit chance for Lighting Bolt, Hex, Lava Burst or Flame Shock. (Shocking isn’t it?)
- Warrior – Now only wears cloth. (Again just kidding folks.)
- Unwavering Sentinel – grants -3% to have your attacks parried. (that means you can’t be parried don’tcha know.)